ROBERT W. BERGER (Ph.D. in Fine Arts, Harvard University) has taught at Brandeis University (chairman, 1975-77), and has been a visiting professor at Brown University, Penn State University, and the University of Virginia. He has published extensively on French art and architecture in the period of Louis XIV.
With Italica Press he has published In Old Paris, a print collection of primary-sources, and Paris: An Electronic Tour of the Old City, an interactive collection of readings and images, and his new translation and edition of Guy de Maupassants Sicily.
Professor Berger is also the author of:
- Antoine Le Pautre: A French Architect of the Era of Louis XIV
- Versailles: The Château of Louis XIV
- In the Garden of the Sun King: Studies on the Park of Versailles under Louis XIV
- The Palace of the Sun: The Louvre of Louis XIV
- A Royal Passion: Louis XIV as Patron of Architecture
- Public Access to Art in Paris: A Documentary History from the Middle Ages to 1800